Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
10285032

How can I contest my illegal detainment?

Customer Question

Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My son is sitting in Pima county jail right now it is his 11th day with no paper work from anyone of an indictment or release they found no evidence on his person of the crime they are accusing him of just hearsay from witnesses that are not creditable
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They appointed him a legal defender that told me "I have 50 clients so when I can get to your son, he can fill you in" I do believe they violated his 4th amendment rights, put an excessive bond on him, and are detaining unlawfully
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us regarding his situation? Quite honestly aside from you getting money together to get him a local attorney without using a public defender, there is nothing you can really do until the DA indicts him or files a bill of information, which can take up to 120 days.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok you did answer my main questions so the indictment can take up to 120 days and they cold keep in in jail all this time also
Thank you for your reply.
So what other question did you have for us on this?