Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.

If you don't mind me asking, what then is the purpose of

Customer Question

If you don't mind me asking, what then is the purpose of including a Cross Motion with an Opposition to a MFSJ as I have seen done with other injury cases?What is the difference between a MFSJ and a partial MFSJ?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A cross motion for summary judgment is where the party not only objects to the opposition's motion, but they claim that based on the facts viewed in the favor of the opposition, their opponent cannot still succeed in the case. So it is both parties saying the facts favor them and as such they should win the case.
A partial motion for summary judgment just addresses one cause of action or claim in the case and does not resolve the entire case.