How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 113544
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need more hepl on this issue as to how i can get an exact

Customer Question

I need more hepl on this issue as to how i can get an exact address from an email so they can do a animal check on my kitten. I swear the system is for the criminal
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I first filed a money judgement and they told me couldnt get kitten back so filed for replevin now tell me i need 9000 bond to get kitten and that cant get vet bills back and say that there is now haressment in emails sent to me i dont know where to turn to save this kittens life
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there are more notes in my past questions
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have emails from a R***** B****** claiming he has kitten
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question, but I am afraid that we cannot provide you any additional information on this issue other than what we have already provided you previously. You are at the point you need a local attorney or private investigator and you will need to hire one locally and not from this site. Thank you so much for understanding this.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
why do i have this service if you can't give me options on how or what is needed to file to do what is needed to get kitten back
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
As I told you, you need a local attorney and private investigator, those are services we cannot provide to you I am sorry to say.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you answer what would need to be filed to get money for services like vet bills and non payment of cat and then I want the kitten back as it is not paid for. I don't have the money for an attorney that is why i signed up for this service. I am not asking to someone to tell me what to do, I need some assistance in filing the correct information. So what type of information due you help with so i know for further references.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am beginning to think that the system is for the criminal and that is pretty sad.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry this should not be personal law anyway
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
You need to file a complaint in small claims court for the value of the kitten and the vet bills, but you said before previously you have already done that and lost. If you filed suit already and lost you cannot file anything again to try to get the kitten or the money for the bills.
However, here are the Iowa Small Claims Court forms:
Here are the Iowa small claims court instructions:
Just be clear if you sued already one time for this and lost, you cannot sue again.
(As far as this being in a category called "Personal injury" such categories really do not matter as most of the experts are experts in more than one category of law).
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I had to dismiss it as I could not have two small claims against one cat so was told I needed to file a replevin to get kitten back and when I added the vet bills x 2 , plus kitten price not paid yet , three trips to Mason City, IA - totaled just about $4500.00. Then was informed that in order to get kitten back had to come up with $9000.00 bond, as the first money judgement I did was for $500.00 the price for the kitten, but I didn't add in for vet bills as didn't know there was a problem. How can they request $9000.00 when in first case only wanted $500.00, but i want the kitten to go to the vet so it don't die, why does it have to be so difficult when the guy who has the kitten is emailing me? Why doesn't the person who actually committed the crime get punished at all? Then now they got evicted from there residence because of all the animals, fleas, and non payment of rent. So how am I to find them being almost 5 hours away? I went certified mail because she has mentally challenged child who gets SS so hope she changed her address to receive check? I think she moved in with her mother which is a different county so like i said just getting fed up with whole process and system. Why isn't this a crime? Knowing transferring across state lines an unpaid kitten which 4 days later advertised / sold kitten on Craigslist when if there were problems with the kitten I had first choice of getting it back? I am trying to do all this myself but don't understand a few things and that is what i would like answers to what i can't figure out as i was told that the replevin is only to get kitten back then why can't there be two open claims for one kitten? Why $9000.00 bond and what happen to this bond after kitten is found or what if it isn't found then what happens to the money? The judge kept saying that he wasn't sure about how would work with an animal well then who does know what is the case with an animal where do I turn if don't have money for an attorney. I can't just let the kitten die or is that what the system is wanting to be done?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your reply.

So you need to file just for the price of the kitten and vet bills in small claims court as a breach of contract claim.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I ask another question on this issue? So I was told that you file two different small claims for the same item (kitten). So that isn't true then being you said I should file breach of contract? Is it best to have a third party serve papers? I just received notice that they were not able to serve the parties so now what can I do? This is so hard beings I live 4 hours away
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
You cannot file two separate small claims suits arising out of the same facts and circumstances. It is best to use a professional process server to serve your suit for breach of contract against the defendant.