Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
10285032

Had bad stoke of luck for 2 weeks straight. First, a hit and

Customer Question

Had bad stoke of luck for 2 weeks straight. First , a hit and run in the middle of the night ,my insurance LIberty Mutual closed the claim but decided to help with Second, theft of key fob and valuables which is currently still open because I think car rental Enterprise freaked out for their car being used a couple of extra days after it had been repaired. We are a one car household ( we carpool in a small town ) and I had thought our $90 dollars a day for up to 2 months rental car policy would assure them but they started hounding my wife at work accusing her of deceit. Is this right and what steps may we take if they are trying to sue our insurance for 50 dollars that the deposit by itself should have covered? Helpful suggestions tyvm in advance.
JA: What state are you in? And can you tell me a little more about the situation driving this? Not for this question, but they might if you need additional services. You'll have to ask the Personal Injury Lawyer about that. Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: California . Still not sure why first claim of hit and run claim was automatically closed and why so much grief over a couple of days over rental?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes feeling burned by our insurance and Enterprise both who are supposed to be on our side . We are their clients who had the chaos , confusion, distress to our lives and means of living.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your insurer is the one that has a duty to represent you in claims and pay for damages to your vehicle and rental coverage during the time it takes your vehicle to be repaired or until they decide to total your vehicle.
If you held onto the rental car for additional time, this was supposed to be arranged through your insurer and you and the rental company.
You need to contact your insurer and you need to get the claim reopened, since you have the entitlement to damages under your policy. The insurer cannot simply close your claim without paying off on the claim and if they did so you need to contact the state insurance commissioner and file a complaint against your insurer and you can sue the insurer if the insurance commission cannot resolve the claim.