Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor
26798026

I fell in the park about few month ago. My shoulder strat

Customer Question

I fell in the park about few month ago. My shoulder strat hurting, could not move as normally. I did not go to doctor yet, I thought after while goes away, but became not easy to daily tasks, such as cleaning, wearing cloth, through arm, excersise, pulling dog, reaching my left shoulder, coukd not wash my left shoulder, if try to stretch to reach something, ..
I was looking around if this storcker was around me, not looked my foot where I slipt on Ivey rock while I took my dog to park, off leashed. I have been complained to president and Vice President in the park that your employee is stroking me, but they have done nothing, still he is around.
I want to know if park is responsible my injury. I have still insurance, most paied by insurance, but I am not sure hiw long this pain will last, it has been while ago, I don't know why hurt.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your injury.

The park is liable when a person falls due to the negligence of the park owners, which typically means their failure to correct or warn parkgoers an unsafe condition in the park that they knew or should have known about. Examples of unsafe conditions would be:

• failing to remove snow and ice in the winter
  • failing to post signs that rocks might be slippery and therefore dangerous when wet
  • failing to clean up spills in pedestrian walkways that might cause someone slip
  • failing to fill in holes in the ground in areas where people are expected to walk.

So, in your case, it really comes down to whether those rocks are in a place where people are allowed to climb or walk on them, what caused them to be slippery, and whether the park posted signs telling people to proceed with caution. If the rocks are in a main walkway and there are no warning signs, the park could be liable for injury. Any local attorney could help you reach out to them.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How about relation with a park employee stroker? Because I am worry he is watching me or come lose to me. He has been stoking me fir a while.

If someone is stalking you, contact the police. The park is only responsible for negligence of employees, not intentional criminal acts.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you saying that park is not responsible for park employe's stoking act?

Legally speaking, an employer is only liable for negligent behavior of employees committed within the scope of their duties. They're not responsible for criminal acts that an employee happens to commit, because that's not part of the employee's job. There's no law that says, by hiring someone, you become responsible for anything they do.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
But I have reported president and Vice President regarding this man's stoking. Doesn't make them responsible to leave him in the park?

If this man directly caused your fall, you may be able to argue that the park is responsible for your injuries because they negligently failed to take action against a dangerous employee.

Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.