JD 1992
JD 1992, Attorney
Experience:  Board Certified Specialist in Personal Injury Trial Law, Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum
11068102

I was hit by a Pappa Johns delivery car today. I have been

Customer Question

I was hit by a Pappa Johns delivery car today. I have been reading that if a personal car is used for delivery of goods then most ( State Farm ) insurances deny claims .
What is my recourse?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
The driver ( 21 yr male) ran red light & hit hit me has I was accelerating into intersection today approximately time 5:30 pm . If my car ( 2016 ) isn't totaled I'll be amazed.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have car insurance and purchased gap insurance. It will be a struggle to come up with $$$ for purchase of another vehicle.
The driver admitted to running the red light
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

You can still sue the driver and, in some cases, you can sue Papa Johns. Papa John's and other pizza delivery places are vulnerable if they advertise a super fast delivery time which places a burden on the drivers.

However, your car insurance will still cover the wreck and can file a claim on them, the other driver, and Papa Johns.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What do I do if PapPa Johns contacts me ?
The wreck occurred right outside the PapPa Johns & drivers supervisor ask for my contact info I gave her my business card
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 7 months ago.

You would be better off hiring a lawyer and just directing everything through them. However, if the case isn't large enough (meaning you weren't injured in the wreck) then you can just answer their questions. Before you do so you should pick up a book like the ebook at http://www.lessonsinlaw.com/the-guerrilla-guides-to-the-law/guerrilla-guide-to-settling-your-car-wreck-case/

That one explains how the "system" works, what you need to emphasize and what you need to look out for. That particular book is very inexpensive and has some great information that you really can't get anywhere else.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was very pleased that my questions were answered promptly.
Thank you
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 7 months ago.

I am about to sign off for the night. I will be back online tomorrow morning.