California Lawyer
California Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed to practice law in California
19551178

If a guest goes to a hotel and overdoses and later comes

Customer Question

If a guest goes to a hotel and overdoses and later comes back to the hotel and overdoses again. Specifically if the housekeeper came to the guest's room and was told the guest was sleeping and came by later that day with her supervisor and was told by the girlfriend that the decedent is not breathing did the hotel breached their duty?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  California Lawyer replied 4 months ago.

By no there is no duty to rescue (or intervene). I do not believe the hospital has any duty whatsoever to investigate the status of its guests.

I hope this helps.

DCG

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thank you. Also do you do legal research I am an adjuster and I need to have verdict searches done for a premise liability case. I can pay extra. I need verdicts ranging from $200,000-$350,000 please let me know if you can do this? Thank you so much

Unfortunately, I am unable to help with that legal research. And yes, by hospital I mean hotel. Sorry.

DCG