Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in personal injury law.

Liberty mutual denied my claim and I was not at fault

Customer Question

liberty mutual denied my claim and I was not at fault for the accident, but police report states differently , by the officer believing the other party
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: NY
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

All policies are required by law to have a procedure for appealing a denial of claim. Check your policy and make sure to follow the process for appeal in the policy to the letter. Missing a deadline or failing to use the designated medium for notice could prejudice your right to appeal.

If the internal appeal does not go your way then you can sue the insurance company for breach of the policy and bad faith. If you prevail on the bad faith claim then you may also be entitled to punitive damages and attorney fees.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The agent that was assigned to the case, never answers her phone and then its always a hassle to get in contact with, I had spoken to another agent regarding the decision and they said because there was no evidence they were at fault they had denied my claim. not to mention they caused the collision, the police report states I made an unsafe left passing when there is no way of passing a parked vehicle!! the officer took his word not mine when the evidence is in the damages of my vehicle I don't know who to speak to in regards ***** ***** denying me and my insurance company said im and not at fault but then I have no collision coverage and I need them to pay for my damages and they wont pay for them because of the police report
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

As I said, bump it up the chain by appealing the denial. The policy will contain the procedure for giving notice and getting an appeal.