TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

My brother in law fell from a roof and when he went to the

Customer Question

My brother in law fell from a roof and when he went to the hospital he was sutured but a piece of asbestos was left in and he became septic. He went a made a claim with a lawyer that was in 2009 and ti now he has not been paid out. How can we check the money was paid out?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.Has your brother asked his attorney for an update on the money? If so, what did the attorney say?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He has more than once and they keep saying it's still under process but 7 years is a long time
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again.

So the attorney claims that no money was paid out, but your brother doesn't believe him? Is that the situation?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that is the reason. Is there a way to check that it was paid out?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

I don't know of a way to check if the money was paid out, other than contacting his attorney. But if his attorney is lying or not being diligent in his representation of your brother, then your brother can file a bar complaint against him.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!