Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I contracted MRSA during surgery at a hospital, was

Customer Question

I contracted MRSA during surgery at a hospital, was discharged with NO antibiotics and after returning home (200 miles away), developed fever and redness and returned to the hospital where I was then sent (by same surgeon) to another hospital for treatment of MRSA. I had to have a second surgery, and was in that hospital for another week while they cultured to find the proper antibiotic to treat the MRSA. After being discharged, I had to wear a wound V.A.C. and have home health care nurses treat me in my home for 8 weeks. I had to travel 200 miles every week to visit the surgeon, and since I am 100% disabled, was unable to drive. I had to hire drivers, incurred MANY expenses, and have receipts to prove such expenses. Do I have any recourse to at least recover the out-of-pocket personal expenses I incurred while being treated for their mistake??
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

Whats state was original doctor and hospital in that you want to pursue here? Thanks