P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of legal experience.

When a person misconstrues your private information, shares

Customer Question

When a person misconstrues your private information, shares it with "others" without permission, causes malice, results in defamation of character and the "others" affecting your credibility, reputation and results in disrespect; when is it considered a legal issue?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

It is a "legal issue" the moment it harms your reputation. IF someone lies about you AND the lies harm your reputation? Then it is considered defamation and can be the basis for a lawsuit

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.