CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney with experience representing plaintiffs in personal injury matters.

Bitten by dog, owner was ask to supply proof that dog had

Customer Question

bitten by dog, owner was ask to supply proof that dog had been vacinated for rabiesk she either can't or refuses to provide information. Whats my recourse? Don"t like the possibilities of future invectionl Owner has already ignored request from Rodgers County Sherrifs Dept. to provide vet report, any advise?
Ken Broyles
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.
If the owner refuses to provide documentation of vaccination to the sheriff, the sheriff should either initiate a forcible quarantine themselves, or you can petition the court to do so yourself (contact the local District Attorney's Office for assistance).

The animal needs to be quarantined for 10 days following the exposure (bite) to confirm that they are not carrying the rabies virus.

See this link from the Oklahoma Department of Health:,_Prevention,_Preparedness/Acute_Disease_Service/Disease_Information/Rabies_Animal_Bite_Cat,_Dog,_Ferret.html

Expert:  alma-cssm replied 3 months ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. ( Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.