Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I am hoping someone is willing/able to assist us. The short

Customer Question

Good Evening. I am hoping someone is willing/able to assist us. The short version is as follows.
My wife was rushed via Ambulance as a level One trauma for bleeding during pregnancy. She was 37 weeks gestation. No Doctor saw her for 12 hours. She was told everything was fine, yet they decided to induce labor at 37 weeks. She was given Pitocin and an Epidural because she told the on call Doctor (who finally saw her after 12 hours) that she was in pain. Both the epidural and Pitocin were administered about 10-14 hours prior to delivery.
Once the Mid Wife came to check her progress, she immediately delivered our son. There were only three pushes, and our son was born. When the placenta was delivered, a hush fell across the room. I overheard them state "send this to Pathology" and once they realized I was listening, the nurse gave a signal to stop discussing it.
During her post partum (6 week) visit, she was told she would need a Hysterectomy. She has had bleeding since giving birth almost 2 and a half months ago. Her Cervix has prolapsed.
I fear she did not receive adequate care. There is much more to this story, but I tried to be brief. Please help us.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

When you say a phone call during the pregnancy I gather that you looked into the situation with an attorney ito determine what options you may have if there were problems. Because the law only provided (in most cases) retrospective remedies there would not have been anything an attorney could have helped you with at that time.

NOW, the circumstances are completely different. The delay in the care that your wife received may very well have led to complications and the injuries your wife has now experienced. The only way to ascertain that is to obtain all her medical records and have a competent expert review them.

The way to do that is to hire a personal injury attorney that specializes in Medical Malpractice cases. The attorneys who do that work will assess your case at no cost to you, and will represent you on a contingency basis. This means that you will pay no attorney's fees unless you receive a settlement or an award. (You may have to pay some relatively small upfront filing costs.)

These cases are very complicated and require competent experienced attorneys who have relationships with medical experts.

This link can assist you in finding such an attorney:

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/medical-malpractice/florida

The types of medical issues that your wife is experiencing are troubling. It is impossible without a careful review of the records to determine if malpractice did indeed occur. But there is certainly enough in what you describe that warrants an assessment of your wife's care.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Her "Doctor" is a practice. She rarely saw the same one throughout her entire pregnancy. Her complaints were dismissed, and it seemed as if nobody knew what the other had told her. We also have Audio Recordings of the on call Doctor and his belittling tone (I know it is inadmissible). He only induced after my attempts to transfer her to another hospital.

Hello:

Thank you for the clarification. Also thank you for your patience. I apologize for the delayed follow up.

I understand that she saw doctors from the Practice. That is quite common.

That does not alter the potential liability of the physicians that were assigned to her or the practice as a whole. Your Attorney will know how to investigate this and file against the proper parties.

Normally we would sue the practice, the hospital, and all the practitioner's who came into contact with your wife. We would then go through the discovery process and dropp out those individuals who were not involved.

I hope this additional information is helpful to you.

Kind regards,

Gerald

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Why is there no response?

Hello:

I didn't see any additional question other than that the Practice was the care provider.

I did respond to that above where I stated:

Hello: Thank you for the clarification. Also thank you for your patience. I apologize for the delayed follow up. "I understand that she saw doctors from the Practice. That is quite common. That does not alter the potential liability of the physicians that were assigned to her or the practice as a whole. Your Attorney will know how to investigate this and file against the proper parties. Normally we would sue the practice, the hospital, and all the practitioner's who came into contact with your wife. We would then go through the discovery process and drop out those individuals who were not involved." Was there another question after that? Kind regards,Gerald