Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

In Florida I had thyroid surgery 9 months ago because I had

Customer Question

In Florida I had thyroid surgery 9 months ago because I had 2 nodules on my thyroid gland. I was to have a left lobectomy done w a frozen section, if the biopsy was positive the whole thyroid gland was to be removed, if negative, just the left was to be removed. I was told test was negative, and just the left side was removed.. I was told I didn't need any medication. 5 weeks later I fell sick and made a trip to ER where a CT scan showed my asymmetric tyroid still fully intact and 1 of the 2 nodules still there! My hospital surgical notes show that the Dr claims they removed the entire left lobe?! ?! I've had multiple test and scans that shows still have it. Besides the horrific scar I have left on my neck, that's not enough "damages " to hold them accontable? I'm am still be treated for symptoms and have had biopsy on the nodule left but it's been coming back inconclusive. .
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

are you asking if a malpractice case is viable?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

From facts mentioned, yes. You meet the elements, namely breach of duty, a duty being required, injury caused directly by negligent conduct. Normally this would be handled by a personal injury/malpractice lawyer working on commission fee basis for you, so it costs you nothing. and are excellent resources!

Kindly take a moment to click on an excellent rating.