JD 1992
JD 1992, Attorney
Experience:  Board Certified Specialist in Personal Injury Trial Law, Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum
11068102

If I put my adult 22 year old daughter on my auto insurance

Customer Question

If I put my adult 22 year old daughter on my auto insurance policy and if she should have a serious auto accident with serious injuries to other persons, could I be held finanialy responsible or liable?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Not just because you are on the same insurance policy. If she were driving your car and you had reason to believe she was a bad driver then you might be responsible but you aren't liable just because she is on your policy or driving your car.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.