richanne96, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in private practice in Phoenix, AZ

My primary care md has been prescribing both Vicodin,

Customer Question

My primary care md has been prescribing both Vicodin, tramadol and gabepentin for over 8 years. On average 100 0f each a lot of times more. He has even turned me down for extra, has known I have Dr. shopped he even knew that I was being watched by the DEA, he has limited me to. I00 each for the last year never asking me questions in the meantime I had started with the VA they stopped giving me vicodin when they found out about my private dr. My private dr. never checked any of the list. At any time. I had 4 seizures two weeks ago and almost died as a cause of this do I have a case
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  richanne96 replied 4 months ago.

You need to make an appointment with a personal injury attorney in your area who handles medical malpractice cases. You need to bring copies of all of your medical records. The attorney will send the records to a medical expert who will determine whether what your doctor did fell below the standard of care and whether it caused you do suffer the seizures. For medical malpractice, you need both negligence and causation. If the expert determines that you have a good case, the attorney will take it on a contingency fee basis, meaning the attorney does not get paid until he settles or wins your case.