Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer with personal injury practice experience.

I was fired after asking raise and was denied an accident

Customer Question

I was fired after asking for my raise and was denied an accident report fired as soon as I mention my arm need it looked at by a doctor
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

You need to go to a local worker's compensation attorney to have your arm issue worked out. You want that established, because that is where your second claim will stem from, called a termination in violation of public policy. However, for an attorney to take that claim, they will want the worker's compensation claim going first.

Once you have the WC claim going, you can then seek out an employment law attorney (sometimes the WC attorney will do it) to file a complaint for wrongful termination in violation of public policy. The employer here clearly made a decision based on the fear of your use of WC and that is considered illegal.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.