Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Partnered in a personal injury law firm for approximately 30 years.

I was driving in a parking lot the other day and was struck

Customer Question

I was driving in a parking lot the other day and was struck by an assistant manager of a major pizza delivery company. That driver had his company's decal attached to his window, was in full uniform, and was on his way to make a bank deposit for that pizza chains store. He gave me an expired insurance card. When i called his insurance they told me he cancelled it over a month ago. I filled a Police Report and he was given tickets for reckless driving and failure to have insurance. I was wondering if i can sue that chain, or that store for employing and having uninsured people driving for them. There was no serious injury, but car damage
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 4 months ago.

Yes, you have the right idea. If he was working for the store in the course of his employment when he struck you, then the store is liable, and I'm sure they have coverage for that. You should not have to do any more than present your repair estimates to their insurance company.

Please enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.