Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Attorney
Experience:  more than 20 years experience in the legal profession
10707909

My fiancé is on a l2k. She had a seizure and was rushed to

Customer Question

My fiancé is on a l2k. She had a seizure and was rushed to the Er and was medicly released the next day but was but on a l2k hold. We have been getting the run around by the doctor and nurses.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 8 months ago.
Hello Donny​This is Samuel. Please tell me what is your question in this regard. Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
She is being accused of have a mental illness and the hospital will not let her leave until a pysic doctor comes to talk to her. She has been there for 7 days. She was medically released on the second day. She has no past history of any pysic issues.
Thank you.Here is a LINK so you can review the NV law on this. 7 days is way too long to be held without a hearing. The law states a hearing shall be held within 5 days NRS 433A.220  Hearing on petition; notice; discharge of person before hearing. 1.  Immediately after the clerk of the district court receives any petition filed pursuant to NRS 433A.200 or 433A.210, the clerk shall transmit the petition to the appropriate district judge, who shall set a time, date and place for its hearing. The date must be within 5 judicial days after the date on which the petition is received by the clerk. 2.  The court shall give notice of the petition and of the time, date and place of any proceedings thereon to the subject of the petition, his or her attorney, if known, the person’s legal guardian, the petitioner, the district attorney of the county in which the court has its principal office, the local office of an agency or organization that receives money from the Federal Government pursuant to 42 U.S.C. §§ 10801 et seq., to protect and advocate the rights of persons with mental illness and the administrative office of any public or private mental health facility in which the subject of the petition is detained. 3.  The provisions of this section do not preclude a facility from discharging a person before the time set pursuant to this section for the hearing concerning the person, if appropriate. If the person has a legal guardian, the facility shall notify the guardian prior to discharging the person from the facility. The legal guardian has discretion to determine where the person will be released, taking into consideration any discharge plan proposed by the facility assessment team. If the legal guardian does not inform the facility as to where the person will be released within 3 days after the date of notification, the facility shall discharge the person according to its proposed discharge plan.
The law also provides that she is entitled to legal counsel and that the county where she is being detained shall pay for the legal counsel and so I suggest you should consider consulting with a local attorney who can help to see why she is being held, attend any hearings and get her releases.
Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.