Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  personal injury and medical malpractice attorney
84496330

I am battling breast cancer and have had many complications.

Customer Question

I am battling breast cancer and have had many complications. The lastest of which is an ileostomy due to contracting C. Diff from taking Clindamycin prescribed by one of my doctors. He never advised me that it could cause this and knew I was about to start chemo. In addition, my oncologist had me take imodium and prescribed me limodal following my second chemo treatment when I complained of severe diahhrea and never tested for C. Diff. I wasnt' tested until I went to the ER.
JA: The Personal Injury Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have sent a couple of inquiries. One said they are not taking new cases and the other hasn't responded.
JA: Is there anything else the Personal Injury Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Personal Injury Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 7 months ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. I have been in the field of medical malpractice for over 6 years. Medical malpractice cases are very difficult and very expensive to prove. This would be a Medical Malpractice claim and you will have to prove that a normal OBGYN oconcologist would have not acted in a similar fashion and that the care provided to you was below the standard of care. You will need to obtain expert testimony to prove this and this is very expensive. An OBGYN or oncologist will have to review the records and testify that your physician's care fell below the standard of care. Experts of this nature can charge up to $1000 per hour for this type of review, deposition testimony and trial testimony. That is why cases like this normally need a medical malpractice attorney and you would sign a contingency agreement that will cost you nothing up front. You would basically agree to give this attorney around 40% of any settlement or judgment and in exchange you will pay no up front costs. You could have a case but you will need to request your medical records and have the attorney ascertain if it makes sense to file suit. This will all come down to the medical records but this may be difficult as the damages might not be enough to pay for the cost of the case. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?