How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 2963
Experience:  personal injury and medical malpractice attorney
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2007 I had a hernia surgery-to repair my intestants.I had to

Customer Question

2007 I had a hernia surgery-to repair my intestants.I had to be left open from the inside out.Since then I have been getting sicker every year.I have gone to the ER to have large boils lanced.that is where the 3-0 ethicon vicryl started coming out from in theinside.I have been getting sicker and had to have a nother boil lanced and they got 12-15 inches out that time.My wife took it and taped it too 2 pieces of computer paper.Now here we are a again with another stitch coming out of my stomach and may 12, at 3+pm for a surgeon to see where the stitch leads too for it is still in my stomach now.I am a disabled Vietnam veteran and I received the sutures at the Durham n.c. va hospital.I have all paper work .What can I do for this? It is so painful that I have had to increase my pain medicine; Gordon Mabe
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no -I didn't -not yet
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: where it
sutures are coming out in located within the very large scar from the surgery
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. I have been in the field of medical malpractice for over 6 years. Medical malpractice cases are very difficult and very expensive to prove. You will have to prove that a normal general surgeon would have performed this hernia surgery in a similar fashion and that the care provided to you was below the standard of care. You will need to obtain expert testimony to prove this and this is very expensive. An expert general surgeon will have to review the records and testify that your physician's care fell below the standard of care. Experts of this nature can charge up to $1000 per hour for this type of review, deposition testimony and trial testimony. That is why cases like this normally need a medical malpractice attorney and you would sign a contingency agreement that will cost you nothing up front. You would basically agree to give this attorney around 40% of any settlement or judgment and in exchange you will pay no up front costs. You could have a case but you will need to request your medical records and have the attorney ascertain if you have a case. It sounds as if you will have some damages considering the injuries you described what may have been caused by sub standard care but it will all come down to the medical records. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated for my time by the site.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?