JD 1992
JD 1992, Attorney
Experience:  Board Certified Specialist in Personal Injury Trial Law, Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum
11068102

My bike hadles collapsed when I tried to brake and threw me

Customer Question

my bike hadles collapsed when I tried to brake and threw me into a woman walking her dog, the dog attacked me and tore a 3 inch gash in my leg. I had the bike assembled two weeks ago at bikeworld and havealready taken the bike back to bikeworld twice for other problems with their assebly. Im in ER right now getting stitches and vanco. Do I have a case against bikeworld for my medical bills. It is their fault.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Please be patient when waiting for a response. I may be looking something up, typing the response, or busy with something else and sometimes it takes a while to respond. Assuming that the handlebars were collapsing was their fault then yes, you would have a case against them. Be sure that you don't let them repair the bike. First, you're going to need an expert to examine it at some point so they can explain to the judge/jury what happened and why it is their fault and then you may also want to use the bicycle itself as an exhibit if you have to go to a trial. Exhibits like that work well in a trial. If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.