CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney with experience representing plaintiffs in personal injury matters.
71563194

My question is , i had botox injections and the doctor

Customer Question

Hello
My question is , i had botox injections and the doctor suggested he inject in an area i usually dont get botox. He hit a nerve and my face hasn't been the same. Do I have any recourse
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 7 months ago.
Dear Customer,I am sorry to learn about the problems with your injections.You can consider a medical malpractice suit against your physician. I can outline the considerations that go into bringing such a suit below, as well as how you would go about looking into one.Medical malpractice claims are based on expert testimony, this means you, or your attorney, will need to find a medical expert in the same, or similar field, to testify as to the standard of care in the industry, whether your physician or facility's conduct fell below that standard, and whether that negligence was the cause of your injury. The same (or a different) expert can then testify as to your projected future damages and cost of medical care. Due to the complexity of these claims, I highly recommend that you retain a medical malpractice plaintiff's lawyer (also called trial attorneys). Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment). You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).