Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Attorney
Experience:  more than 20 years experience in the legal profession
10707909

My wife was in the hospital biopsy and chronic back pain.

Customer Question

my wife was in the hospital for a biopsy and chronic back pain. The second night she was there she had to go to the bathroom, she rang for the nurse several times, no respones,so she got out of bed on her own to go to the bathroom, as she neared the door she slipped and fell breaking her left hip and fracturing her right femur.Is the hospital liable for this accident?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 7 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.I suggest, yes. There appears to be a basis for a lawsuit because the staff should have responded to her calls. And in not responding they were negligent. Keep in mind, that if the claim they never got the ring calls it is possible hers did not work and that would also be negligent. So you should consider consulting with a local attorney who can get all the records and information in that regard.
I am sorry to hear she has been injured. And if you consult with local personal injury attorney they will work on a contingency basis which means no up front money to you. Their fee will be an agreed upon percentage of whatever settlement they secure for your wife.