Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

My 18 year old son was a passenger in an accident which took

Customer Question

My 18 year old son was a passenger in an accident which took his life. The accident involved the vehicle he was a passenger in rear ending a slow moving vehicle. My son's friend was driving the vehicle and was ticketed for failure to maintain control and lost his driving privileges for 3 months. The report found that the farmer was at no fault even though there was overwhelming evidence that pointed to the farmer pulling out in front of the car onto a 4 lane highway.
My son's friend had only minimum liability which maximum payout for my son was $20000. Regardless if the farmer was or was not at fault, my son certainly was an innocent victim. Could a claim have been made on the farmers insurance.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.
I am so very sorry for your loss. I think you would have a tough time if the vehicle your son was in rear ended the other vehicle. That generally leads to liability for the driver who rear-ended the other. While you could certainly make a demand and see what happens I would not bet on a high settlement unfortunately.