Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience

The fruit company next door started building a multi-million

Customer Question

The fruit company next door started building a multi-million dollar fruit cold storage building. In doing so they dug down 5 feet up to the edge of my property line. In doing so with all the ground shaking and heavy machinery they dug up the edge of my septic field. Cost me $7200.00 dollars to get my house hooked up to the city sewer and cap off my old septic tank and field. Not only that the heavy machinery is giving me large cracks in my walls. It is like having a small earthquake everyday. Should I see my family lawyer about this. I did contact the fruit company CEO. He said it wasn't his problem
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. Yes, you should definitely consult with your attorney. Even though they did not necessarily enter your property, when they did work on their own property that caused damage to your property they engaged in a form of trespass and they likely are liable for the damge to your property. The vibrations from the equipment entered your property and caused damage. It may have been unavoidable, BUT that is not the point. There is an element of strict liability in regard to these issues. So it is well worth your while to consult an attorney to bring a claim against the company and/or their insurance. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you. If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck, Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.