MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

My second grader fell in the school restroom last week due

Customer Question

My second grader fell in the school restroom last week due to the wet floor on account of rain. She fell and split her chin which resulted in the hospital visit and four stiches. Can she claim any monetary damages from the district for pain and suffering? Thanks.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 7 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

The short answer is yes. She can try to sue for monetary damages and the hospital bill (which I'm assuming will not be all that much). However, the threshold for pain and suffering is very high and she would not receive much, if any, compensation through these means.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.