Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

My question has to do with a medical issue from

Customer Question

Hello,My question has to do with a medical issue from 2010. I had a hysterectomy in 2010. After surgery I came home and during the first week I kept calling the doctor everyday advising that my right side was hurting, he told me that it was normal. My stomach came apart and I ended up in the emergency room. I ended up being admitted because I now had MRSA. My doctor kept apologizing to me. I just found out the the sutures that were used were recalled. Is there anything I can do about this?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 6 months ago.
are you asking if you can pursue a claim for malpractice? was the last visit to this medical provider in 2010 in florida?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not sure. I do not see this doctor anymore, however I believe that I have been there after the surgery.
You want to check on the last date as that would be when the clock would run on statute of limitation defense. Past that you can definitely pursue a claim where can show through medical records and your own independent doctor and lawyer that there was error in treatment which caused you injury. Normally a personal injury malpractice lawyer would take on contingency and seek to settle the case before it gets too far.
Kindly let me know if that is fast and acceptable.