Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

We are an internet mail order company. At the end of the

Customer Question

We are an internet mail order company. At the end of the day, UPS sends a driver on a trailer to pickup our shipments on a pallet for many years. On that day our regular driver was out and they sent us another driver for pickup. He parked at a bus stop corner for loading with low light visibility with on going traffic. Our forklift struck him during the loading process. No blood or anything, seems minor, maybe a sprain. He was taken to the hospital and now he sent us a suit due to the incident. What should i do?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

There is not much to do until and unless a claim is made for damages. In that case, all you need to do is pass it along to your insurance company and let them resolve it. A sprain is not going to be too costly.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He was working for UPS at that time and was assign to pick us up. He can still bring suit? The incident happen inside the UPS truck.
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

He has a workman's comp claim against UPS and there is also a negligence claim against your company for the negligence of the fork lift operator if they are your employee..

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can we counter sue UPS because the driver putted us in a dangerous spot during loading?Do you think we have a high chance of winning?He claims our forklift hit him inside the UPS truck, if he done his job correctly this incident wouldn't have happened.Approximately how much would it cost to defend this lawsuit?
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

I do not really see a viable counterclaim here. Any negligence on the driver's part would be more of a comparative or contributory negligence issue rather than a counterclaim.

The cost would be borne by your insurance company.

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?