Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I recently went to the salon and had tape in extensions

Customer Question

Hi
I recently went to the salon and had tape in extensions done. I had a consultation in which the lady said they should last 3 to 4 months, that I would have to put half of the payment for a full set down neing 10 peices and they order the whole set which is 20 peices for 10 peices it cost $700 and the whole set is $1400. She then said that we will start with the 10 applied and see how much more I will need that the rest of the set if full 20 can stay at the salon and if one slips out I can come replace and pay individually as I need. She was saying we can start with the 10 and see if you need a couple more then. So I come into the salon and have them done. She goes right through the full set of 20 peices and says I'm going to just see if we have some more of this color here in the salon. She comes back and puts 5 more peices in my hair as if they are needed. When I went to pay the rest of the cost l, since I had already paid for first $700, I was then given a price of $1050 to pay that day. So the total was $1750. I had told the lady I thought I would be paying another 700 at the very most and was lead to believe I probably wouldn't need all 20 so I would be paying less then that and the max I was priced was only $700 more. The lady just brushed it off I paid for my hair and went home. After that I did as they told me cool drying with blowdryer and being careful with them. Then everyone at work and my husband would say to me they are really noticeable they basivally stick right out. So i checked and they did. I tried to blend and cover them as much as I could but nothing worked then they started to pull at my top calic and rip out some hair. Some were ripping off the top of my head because the were too high up and placed on my calic. I looked up alittle info on tape in extensions and seen they placed way too many in the bottom of my head I believe to run up the price and also that they put the top obes too high on my head and in my calic which is the reason they were ripping and giving me bad pain. Also extract pressure with the weight of the heaviness of the extra extensions. I wanted them out, I wanted a refund and I didn't want them placed back in my head after the bad experience I had with them. I called the salon service number and expkained the situation they said this shouldn't be happening becauae after only a week they are supposed to stay in for months. They wanted me to come back and have them looked at or fixed. i told them I was very upset with them that they cost mpre then quoted and they were horrible. I said I did not want them redone I wanted my money back. They said that they do not refund money because the money is for the expensive hair that cannot be reused. So I took them out woth coconut oil since I dod not want them touching my hair. I took them out because they were ripping out and giving me pain also because they looked horrible. I also had my husbamd take a picture of how much they stuck out before I removed them. Shouldn't I be refunded my money?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Does the salon admit that the extensions were defective or applied wrong?

Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They said that since they are supposed to last 3 months there had to be something wrong because they shouldn't be coming out in a week. They wanted to schedule me to come in to fix them or have an educator look at them. I had told them I did not want them to fix them I at that point just wanted them out since I was in pain and that I had felt misled by them eith the whole experience as far as cost and quality.
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information. You should demand a refund and if they refuse you can sue them for breach of contract in small claims court.

Small claims court is designed to be "user friendly" so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court. You can get the necessary forms to start from the clerk of the court.

Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Are you still online with me?