Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

My namd is nakiea I'm being sued death because a patient

Customer Question

My namd is nakiea I'm being sued for wrongful death because a patient fell in a nursing home and broke her leg and passed away a week later now I'm getting sued.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just got served with papers today this happen 2 years ago
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.
Are you asking if you would be personally liable? You are a nurse or other employee at the facility?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was a nurse there about 2.5 years ago and I'm asking what usually happens in these kinds of cases

Normally the claim proceeds against the employer only which notifies its insurance carrier who defends the employer and employee and eventually settles the claims or manages to get it dismissed. You want to confirm the employer is covering this and indemnifying you as its employee so you need not worry about it. Kindly rate me positively. Thank you.