Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  I have successfully handled number of Personal Injury cases

I had a cat scan from a technican brain bleed and the

Customer Question

I had a cat scan from a technican for a brain bleed and the technician walked me out to a the vehicle driven by a co-worker and he told the co worker I had bledding on my brain and to drive me to hospital. I advised the technician that it was againist hipaa law to inform anyone but me about my health issues. He just shrugged it off and when I called the facility I had the scan at they said he was just concerned about me. Told the biggest blabber mouth in my company which upset me. What can I do regarding this situation.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Was the co-worker also employed by the company / medical facility that the driver was employed by?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no co worke and myself work for same company

Thank you for your follow up.

If private medical information is disseminated to a third party, without patient's consent, then a complaint regarding HIPAA violation can be filed at the link below:

The government agency will investigate the complaint and will take appropriate disciplinary / corrective action upon conclusion of their investigation.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.