Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
10285032

I am 55 years old, my parents both smoked, my mom smoked

Customer Question

I am 55 years old , my parents both smoked , my mom smoked when she was pregnant .there were no warnings about second hand smoke . I have tried to quit and failed . I was born addicted to nicotine . I have just recently had an x-ray that says I have moderate copd . Does any one win law suits against the tobacco industry ? I don't have an endless supply of of money for a law suit . and I don't want billions of dollars . I would like a reasonable settlement and medical costs covered . are there any lawyers who would take a case and only get paid if we win ? Thank You , Diane
JA: OK. The Personal Injury Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Personal Injury Lawyer should know?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Personal Injury Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Personal Injury Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Personal Injury Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are having health problems related to tobacco, you can hire a local tobacco suit attorney, they work on a contingency fee basis meaning you pay them out of the money they get for you. You would need medical reports relating your medical conditions to your use of tobacco products and you can find a local product liability attorney who handles tobacco cases at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com