Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
10285032

I was a smoker 40 years.i now have copd stage 2. Can I sue

Customer Question

I was a smoker for nearly 40 years.i now have copd stage 2. Can I sue the tobacco companys
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes you can sue the tobacco companies for your disease and you would need your doctors to testify that your COPD was caused by the smoking. IF the doctors do say that your COPD was caused by the smoking, then there is a huge chance of settlement, because the tobacco companies do not want to go back to court on these costly litigation cases.