richanne96
richanne96, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in private practice in Phoenix, AZ
69015496

I was t by a drunk driver, my car totaled in ICU days, just

Customer Question

I was hit by a drunk driver, my car totaled in ICU for two days, just finished up physical therapy (the accident happened in August 2015), and the driver was in a rental car, no insurance, and declined the rental companies insurance. Is the rental company, Enterprise, responsible for my bill? I only had liability on my vehicle.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  richanne96 replied 8 months ago.

The drunk driver who hit you is personally responsible for your damages because he did not purchase insurance, although Enterprise should not have rented to him if he had no insurance at all. Therefore, Enterprise could be liable under a negligent entrustment theory. More would have to be known about what was said to Enterprise by the drunk driver about having insurance.