Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I visited my dentist the other day to have her replace a

Customer Question

I visited my dentist the other day to have her replace a broken filling that she had recently placed. She sanded the filing as well as the enamel on several of the teeth on that side of my jaw.She sanded down the enamel without taking X-rays, discussion or consent on healthy teeth. My bite now seems to be uneven, my speech is slurred, and I'm experiencing jaw pain with a headache. I'm pretty upset about it.Do I have any legal recourse? I'd really appreciate your guidance.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

First, you need to seek a second opinion from another Dentist. Once you get the second opinion, you can make a demand for reimbursement of the fee that you paid to the first Dentist. If the Dentist refused, then you may file compliant with the Office of Professions:

http://www.op.nysed.gov/opd/complain.htm