Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I need guidance on what the procedure is injuries sustained

Customer Question

I need guidance on what the procedure is for personal injuries sustained in an auto accident in which my husband was not at fault. I do not have any money to pay for this chat. If you could please help me, I would appreciate it
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Generally, you would file a claim with the insurance company of the driver who hit you......they would evaluate the claim, the injuries, determine who is at fault based on the accident report, etc. They would likely offer a settlement for your medical bills and pain and suffering.

If you can't reach a settlement, then you would have to file suit against the driver and invoke his/her insurance coverage.

You may also have to file a claim with your insurance company for medical bills to be covered until you reach a settlement or sue the driver's insurance. IF you do this, your insurance company would have a claim against the driver's insurance for what it pays (called subrogation).