How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 1093
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need guidance on what the procedure is injuries sustained

Customer Question

I need guidance on what the procedure is for personal injuries sustained in an auto accident in which my husband was not at fault. I do not have any money to pay for this chat. If you could please help me, I would appreciate it
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Generally, you would file a claim with the insurance company of the driver who hit you......they would evaluate the claim, the injuries, determine who is at fault based on the accident report, etc. They would likely offer a settlement for your medical bills and pain and suffering.

If you can't reach a settlement, then you would have to file suit against the driver and invoke his/her insurance coverage.

You may also have to file a claim with your insurance company for medical bills to be covered until you reach a settlement or sue the driver's insurance. IF you do this, your insurance company would have a claim against the driver's insurance for what it pays (called subrogation).