How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask richanne96 Your Own Question
richanne96, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 330
Experience:  Attorney in private practice in Phoenix, AZ
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
richanne96 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've had an injury suit pending years, aside the letter

Customer Question

I've had an injury suit pending for 2 years, aside the letter of representation and a phone call, I have seen little done..
I want another attorney, I've done most of the work myself
And the paralegal intercepts emails to the Attorney.
What can I do? I realize it's pro bono, but I know I've got a good case and am soooo sorry I have this Attorney!
Please advise!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  richanne96 replied 1 year ago.

Usually personal injury cases are not "pro bono," they are on a contingency fee basis, which means the attorney gets paid a percentage of your recovery. You can always fire your attorney and hire another one, but your exiting attorney may place a lien against your recovery/settlement for the value of the work s/he has already done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I don't know why I put pro bono. It is a 35% contingency fee. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process??
Expert:  richanne96 replied 1 year ago.

There really is not anything you can do to speed it up, assuming that you have provided all records in your possession and made yourself available for any requested independent medical exam or deposition. I realize the paralegal is intercepting your emails to your attorney, but you should probably contact whoever rules your attorney's schedule and request a meeting with your attorney to get an update on your case.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was excellent advise!
It certainly ranks a 5 star!!
Thank you so much!
Expert:  richanne96 replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. If you are happy with my answer, please give me a positive rating so I can get paid.