richanne96
richanne96, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in private practice in Phoenix, AZ
69015496

I've had an injury suit pending years, aside the letter

Customer Question

Hi
I've had an injury suit pending for 2 years, aside the letter of representation and a phone call, I have seen little done..
I want another attorney, I've done most of the work myself
And the paralegal intercepts emails to the Attorney.
What can I do? I realize it's pro bono, but I know I've got a good case and am soooo sorry I have this Attorney!
Please advise!!
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  richanne96 replied 11 months ago.

Usually personal injury cases are not "pro bono," they are on a contingency fee basis, which means the attorney gets paid a percentage of your recovery. You can always fire your attorney and hire another one, but your exiting attorney may place a lien against your recovery/settlement for the value of the work s/he has already done.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I don't know why I put pro bono. It is a 35% contingency fee. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process??

There really is not anything you can do to speed it up, assuming that you have provided all records in your possession and made yourself available for any requested independent medical exam or deposition. I realize the paralegal is intercepting your emails to your attorney, but you should probably contact whoever rules your attorney's schedule and request a meeting with your attorney to get an update on your case.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This was excellent advise!
It certainly ranks a 5 star!!
Thank you so much!

You're welcome. If you are happy with my answer, please give me a positive rating so I can get paid.