How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 29293
Experience:  JA Mentor
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I go about seeing someone who has raped conspired and

Customer Question

How do I go about seeing someone who has raped conspired and has slandered me I have pictures and video also suffered a mild stroke.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to she this person and have them brought up criminal charges.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

First, if you have not already done so, you can notify the police. There are many reasons to do this, but one of them is that if the person is convicted of rape, you will AUTOMATICALLY win the civil suit. So, step one is to call the police or go down to the station and file a report.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

In civil court, rape would be sued under battery. That covers all unlawful touchings.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You have two years from when the rape occurred to file a lawsuit. The statute of limitations for defamation is also two years.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

How to file the case is going to depend on how much you're seeking in damages. If you're seeking less than $10,000, including punitive damages, you can file on your own in Small Claims Court. It sounds like you're probably looking for more than that, which means you'd file in Superior Court. Most lawyers take these cases on contingency, meaning that you only pay when you win. You do have to pay a percentage of your recovery, but you have a chance of recovering more money than you'd get on your own. So, that may be something to look into. A good place to find a lawyer near you is