How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 31493
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got rear ended on a freeway almost 2 yrs ago. The real

Customer Question

I got rear ended on a freeway almost 2 yrs ago. The real pain started about 3 days later and I have had over $50,000 in medical expenses.
I am still in pain (although improved). Approaching the 2 yr date.
I am a high-tech professional and have had the hardest time trying to rehabilitate myself while working a crazy work schedule. I have had to work thru pain because of work deliverables.
Need to understand what to do next.
I was super outdoor active before the accident and have had no cardio excersize in almost 2 yrs, haven't even touched my mountain bike and am regularly having painful relapses. I have lost all my muscle mass and feel crappy.
I have had 4 cortizone shots on my spinal chord (2x2). I have had over 60 PT sessions.
Would like to firm up my next steps.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

In California, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases gives is two years from the date of the injury. So, if you don't sue the driver of the other vehicle before the time expires, you'll be barred from being able to sue for damages resulting from the accident.

    Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

    As for what to do, the best action would likely be to seek out a local personal injury lawyer in your area and have him/her file suit against the driver in order to preserve your rights under the applicable statute of limitations.

    Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

    Filing suit will invoke the driver's insurance coverage.....which means there's money to cover your injuries, damages, etc. (at least up to the amount of the policy limits).

    Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

    Once you file suit, you can put together your damages based on medical bills, future medical treatment, lost wages, and even damages for losing the ability to be as active as you long as you can attribute it to the accident.

    Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

    You can search for a lawyer by area of practice and location at

    Related Personal Injury Law Questions