Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in personal injury law.
17897874

To whom it may concern. months have been trying to pursue

Customer Question

To whom it may concern. For 6 months have been trying to pursue the International Settlement from Benin
republic. With no luck and high expenses. Attorney General Saidou Agbant , International Revenue Service of been Republic. The government of Benin. That's how to email read! I researched it to find out it was real or not hard to find. What would be a good step for me to take? Thank you for your time
sincerely
Robert.L
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

What is the background of the claim? How did you come to be involved in a claim in Benin?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
International contractor settlement and a lottery winning in is in Britain I don't know if United States treasury got twenty seven million dollars I say but that's that's what the email said
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Were you required to pay any fees in advance to release your funds?

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

What is an "international contractor settlement" and why are you entitled to it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Because them bankers and Ben and Nigeria try to swindle me out of my winnings we got caught my emails was present in the computers. Grant me annuity. This is like 3 years old
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately, I am, without any doubt whatsoever, certain that the people you are corresponding with are not the officials they are purporting themselves to be and that they are in, actuality, criminals whose goal is to steal your money.

As you know, something which is too good to be true is, generally, not. Also, I am sure you suspect this is one of those times. Unfortunately, I am absolutely sure that there is no prize waiting for you from these people.

This is positively a scam. It is known as an "Advance Fee Scam".

Just remember:

1. You can not win a sweepstakes or lottery you did not enter.

2. No legitimate sweepstakes asks winners to pay upfront to release the winnings.

3. If they were genuinely holding money belonging to you should be able to tell them to just deduct the taxes, insurance, courier fee (all red flags, by the way) and send you a net check.

4. No legitimate lottery or sweepstakes notifies major winners by text, email or regular mail.

Do not send any money or otherwise respond. They are trying to steal from you.

Here is an online warning from the FTC:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/youarehere/pages/pdf/FTC-Fraud-Scams-The-Winner-Is.pdf

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not necessarily a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question. Thanks.