Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My vehicle got t by the gate and now the insurance that

Customer Question

My vehicle got hit by the gate and now the insurance that covers the apartments said they are not liable for the damages. They are saying that it says in the contract that they are not responsible for any damages, and I think they are reading the contract to their advantage. They are also saying that they have a sign outside, but the way I read the sign is just a warning that only one vehicle at a time can go thru, otherwise they will not be liable for any damages. I do not understand how that makes them not liable if the gate malfunctions.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Could you maybe tell me in a little more detail what exactly happened with the gate and how it caused the damage to your car? Thank you.