Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My wife rear ended my company car. The insurance company

Customer Question

My wife rear ended my company car. The insurance company paid on her car but denied reimbursement to for damages to my company vehicle. My agent told me I was insured in anything I drive, but the adjuster said there is a care and custody clause that reads We will not pay for property damage to property owned by, rented to, in charge of, or transported by you or any covered person. When I told the insurance rep I purchased the additional coverage on the rental car, I was told it is not necessary. My company wants me to pay the $7,500 damages to the company car since it was denied by the insurance company. Please advise.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you saying that neither you nor your employer specifically insured your company vehicle?

2. When your company loaned you the company car, was it under the condition that you insure it?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Doug