Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

If the father of a womans unborn child takes all her money

Customer Question

If the father of a womans unborn child takes all her money for gas to drive her to the hospital, even if she was wrong and her water hadn't broken. The moment she steps out of his car, he drive away abandoning her as fast as possible. Leaving her no way home. When she did give birth his whole family knew, no one came. He denies paternity and refused testing for over 2 years. Calling and threatening her every time child support contacts him. Telling everyone she's a slut. Than threatening to take the child from her after the test proved he's the dad. He starts to get to know his chid, than disappeared after the child diagnosed with autism. She goes to his house finds out the woman he left her for during her pregnancy is pregnant. Him and the whole family go to that womans birth against her wishes. That child as well as his oldest are loved and accepted by his family, while her chid born between them is rejected and shunned by them. They refused to get to know the child and refused to let him get to know his siblings even though the haven't seen or met the child. Can a civil case for international infliction of emotional distress, as well as discrimination due to his autism and her mentalillness, and coming from low income background. They call white trash. Be filled, maybe won by her.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Unfortunately, the law does not generally allow for a claim like this between a parent and child. The best recourse would be to push for child support payments or he be committed to jail until he pays.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The won't award child support he's on well fare. The money he had in a structured settlement disappeared just before the paternity test, his family remodeled their ranch, now it's for sale $2.2+million dollars. He gets out of the cal works because he keeps trying for ssi, but keeps getting turned down. They live down the street his parents live down the street from them. Both his and his now wife's family help with child care and bills I don't have a care, child care. I have a 50lbs heman strong autistic son with no family help or well fare

The California Child support division can try again if he is about to come into some money. They can put liens on bank accounts and personal property.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Tried the burden of proof in CA is on me, I have to provided proof. They don't investigate at all!

That is odd. I worked for their equivalent in another state and we were very aggressive.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
In CA they don't care, closed case. I am supposed to let them know if I find out he's working or has any income. They can't get past their own red tape. I get told we're sorry a lot by them

But this info you brought above seems to be new info that they could use.