Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Do I have a malpractice case? I have cancer of the prostate

Customer Question

Do I have a malpractice case? I have cancer of the prostate and was placed on Androgel even though my PSA was elevated. I never had a digital exam by my family doctor.Timeline: I was started on androgel on 11/2014 No baseline PSA was done. No Tests for testosterone were donePSA on 12/2012 was 1.49 No digital examination was done
PSA on 12/2014 was 4.24. No digital examination was done. pSA velocity was1.35. No digital exam ewas done.
free testosterone was very low.PSA on 2.2015 was 6.8. pSA velocity was 15.3 No digital exam was done. The Androgel was increased to !.62%PSA on 2.2015 was 9.3 PSA velocity was 15 No digital was performed. i was referred to urologist. I was given refills for Androgel 1.62%.5/29/2015 I saw urologist who stopped Androgel. Digital revealed an enlarged prostae with a large nodule.
9/2015 revealed cancer of prostate.. gleason score 7 ( 4+3)
12/9/2015 Radical prostatectomy. 50%-60% of prostate was affected by cancer. Prostate was very enlarged and weighed 69 grams. Lymph nodes and margins of dissection were free of cancer.
Surgical report revealed primary pattern is 4; secondary pattern 3 ; tertiary pattern 5.
my surgeon said I had an aggressive prostate cancer.I feel my FD committed negligence. I should have had digital exams, I should have never had been placed on Androgel, and I should have been referred to a urologist sooner.However, are there damages? Do yoy think that had I been not placed on Androgel, my prognosis would be better. I was on Androgel for almost seven months. Do you feel the Androgel worsened my cancer significantly?
Thank you
Bruce
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

The standard with any medical malpractice claim is whether or not the treating physician fell below the applicable standard of care with your treatment.......and that boils down to proving whether or not your doctor acted as a reasonably prudent physician would in the same circumstance/situation.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

The only way to know whether the doctor was negligent/fell below the applicable standard of care is to have an expert witness (such as a doctor/urologist) and give you an opinion as to whether or not the treatment you received was what should have been done).

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Usually, when you consult a personal injury/medical malpractice lawyer, he/she will have a doctor review your records and give an opinion as to whether the doctor fell below the standard of care in your diagnosis and treatment.