Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
10285032

Fields, [email protected] my wife was helping

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** fields,***@******.*** my wife was helping daughter with express chop, turned it over to show where blade went, PLUGGED IN, 3 hrs at emergency, 18 stitches, possible surgery, possible use of thumb and fingers! NO SAFETY DEVICE AT ALL TO PREVENT THIS! ONE SPLIT SECOND DESTROYED HER HAND!!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This device has a palm switch on top of motor, if its plugged in and inverted it will run
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Personal Injury Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If a manufacturer makes a product with inadequate safety warnings or inadequate safety features to prevent injury, then they are liable under product liability law for all harm caused to the consumer. Your wife would be able to sue the manufacturer for all damages to her hand and also pain and suffering typically 4-7 times the amount of all of the actual damages she sustained.
At this point you need to keep the device and you need to go to a local product liability law attorney and they would be the type of attorney used to sue manufacturers for these types of injuries.