Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
10285032

I'm disabled and was recently evicted because my disability

Customer Question

I'm disabled and was recently evicted because my disability was more severe than I represented. I filed a claim with HUD which was approved. What do I do now?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your claim was approved by HUD, you need to determine if they are going to file suit for you or if you need to file suit for discrimination. So, first contact HUD at the address on the letter you received from them to see if they will represent you. If they will not, then you need a local civil attorney to file suit against the landlord for discrimination contrary to the Fair Housing Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.