Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

A mexican with a card drove through my gate, fence and

Customer Question

A mexican with a green card drove through my gate, fence and corral. He has no drivers license or auto insurance. This happened in Texas. The police gave him a citation for no drivers license and no insurance. What are my recourse to the damages he caused to my property?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

You would obviously have the right to sue the person for the property damage/costs of repair, but if the person has nothing and no insurance, that could be a futile endeavor.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The only alternative would be for you to file a claim with your insurance company under your uninsured/underinsured coverage for your vehicle and homeowner's insurance. If coverage is available, your insurer could pay your claim and then go after the at-fault party to recover (called subrogation) if it chose to do so.