Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My wife had a surgery broken wrist back in October. After

Customer Question

My wife had a surgery for a broken wrist back in October. After the surgery she got an infection in her arm. The doctor told her that she was the third patient that he operated on that got an infection. Now, she has had additional doctor visits with more test, xrays and possibly may have to have another surgery later due to this infection. We have insurance which covers a portion of our expenses. My question is shouldn't the doctor and the surgery center be held liable for our out of pocket expenses regarding her infection? There are also some lost wages due to making additional visits.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 11 months ago.

You can pursue a claim against the doctor, the center and his employer. Basis for doing so would be malpractice, negligence and breach of contract. You may seek compensatory damages, punitive damages, lost wages, costs, interest and legal fees. Often the insurer will step in and settle.

Kindly let me know if that is fast and clear.

Kindly rate me positively.

Happy holidays.