Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer with personal injury practice experience.
20011183

My wife recently slipped and fell in our home and broke both

Customer Question

My wife recently slipped and fell in our home and broke both of her wrists. Does our liability insurance on the home cover this?
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I’m happy to be of assistance.

In short, no. Homeowners insurance policies are meant to cover your liability that friends, neighbors, delivery people or anyone else that may be invited onto your property are protected.

You can certainly contact your insurance provider to ask if you entered into some sort of additional coverage carrier for your own family, but that's what it would take to have personal coverage....it'd have to be something special and different from normal homeowner's coverage.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service so that I receive credit for working with you today.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required.

If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.